School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology
Supervisors: Assoc Prof Peter Dahlhaus and Dr Mark Trotter
Chris commenced her PhD with CeRDI in 2016 as part of the Regional Universities Network Precision Agriculture Flagship. Her research is on data interoperability in precision agriculture. She has an honours degree in Information Technology, a Business degree and a diploma in Agricultural Science. Chris works as a Researcher at CeRDI and has previously worked in information technology, agriculture and business roles.
Precision agriculture has the potential to improve Australian agriculture by making it more resilient, productive and profitable while reducing environmental impact and increasing social value.
- 2015: Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours), University of Ballarat
- 2013: Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional Practice) with Distinction, University of Ballarat
- 1995: Bachelor of Business, Charles Sturt University
- 1985: Diploma of Agricultural Science, Victorian College of Agriculture and Horticulture
- 2013: University of Ballarat Medal
- Sessional tutoring and moderation, Federation University Australia
- Software Developer, RU Advertising
- Software Developer, Freelance
- Research Assistant, Federation University Australia
- Owner-Manager, Narrawin Stud
- Manager, OliVaylle Pty Ltd
- Accountant, Worsley Black and Partners
- Conference papers, presentations and abstracts
Bahlo, C. (2017, October). Accessible farm animal welfare data: The role of interoperable standards in precision livestock farming. Paper presented at the 1st Asian-Australasian Conference on Precision Pastures and Livestock Farming, Hamilton, New Zealand. doi: 10.5281/zenodo.897205
Bahlo, C. (2017, July). Advancing data interoperability standards for animal welfare and production systems. Paper presented at the 2017 Federation University Australia Higher Degree by Research Conference, Ballarat, Australia.
Bahlo, C. (2016, July). Advancing data interoperability standards for livestock welfare and production systems. Poster session presented at the 2016 Federation University Australia Higher Degree by Research Conference, Ballarat, Australia.
Bahlo, C. (2013, July). Applying visualisation techniques to animal pedigrees. 2013 University of Ballaray Higher Degree by Research Conference, Ballarat, Australia.