School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology
Chris commenced her PhD at Federation University in early 2016, as part of the RUN Precision Agriculture Flagship, researching data interoperability in Precision Agriculture. She works part-time at CeRDI and as a sessional at Federation University. In 2013 she graduated with a Degree in Information Technology from the University of Ballarat, being awarded the Ballarat University Medal. This was followed by a research Honours year. In 1995, she completed a Business Degree at Charles Sturt University and prior to that, an Agricultural Science Diploma. Chris has worked in information technology and agriculture roles, and also has business experience.
Precision agriculture has the potential to improve Australian agriculture by making it more resilient, productive and profitable while reducing environmental impact and increasing social value.
- 2015: Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours), University of Ballarat
- 2013: Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional Practice) with Distinction, University of Ballarat
- 1995: Bachelor of Business, Charles Sturt University
- 1985: Diploma of Agricultural Science, Victorian College of Agriculture and Horticulture
- 2013: University of Ballarat Medal
- Sessional tutoring and moderation, Federation University
- Software Developer, RU Advertising
- Software Developer, Freelance
- Research Assistant, Federation University
- Owner-Manager, Narrawin Stud
- Manager, OliVaylle Pty Ltd
- Accountant, Worsley Black and Partners
- Journal papers
- Conference papers, presentations and abstracts
Bahlo, C. (2017, October). Accessible farm animal welfare data: The role of interoperable standards in precision livestock farming. Paper presented at the 1st Asian-Australasian Conference on Precision Pastures and Livestock Farming, Hamilton, New Zealand. doi: 10.5281/zenodo.897205
Bahlo, C. (2017, July). Advancing data interoperability standards for animal welfare and production systems. Paper presented at the 2017 Federation University Higher Degree by Research Conference, Ballarat, Australia.
Bahlo, C. (2016, July). Advancing data interoperability standards for livestock welfare and production systems. Poster session presented at the 2016 Federation University Higher Degree by Research Conference, Ballarat, Australia.
Bahlo, C. (2013, July). Applying visualisation techniques to animal pedigrees. 2013 University of Ballaray Higher Degree by Research Conference, Ballarat, Australia.