New Intranet and Other Developments at Regional Library
The intranet/extranet services which CeCC has established for the Central Highlands Regional Library Corporation (CHRLC) have gained rapid stakeholder acceptance. CHRLC is now able to distribute publishing rights to staff responsible for the different areas of the intranet. The ability to search, categorise and find resources has been vastly improved using a completely revamped user interface. The services currently available include:
- Advanced document management facility.
- Flexible categorisation of resources customised and controlled by CHRLC.
- Most popular and recently added documents highlighted.
- Multiple levels of access providing control over viewing and publishing rights to the intranet.
- Workflow processes customised to the needs of CHRLC.
- Staff discussion forum which is being widely used to communicate with geographically dispersed staff and other stakeholders.
- Staff news and updates.
A new project is now underway to extend the service through the development of an online reference database. The public area of the CHRL website is also to be redeveloped during the first half of 2007.