Corangamite CMA launches knowledge base
CeCC is continuing to enhance its close working relationship with the Corangamite CMA with the recent launch of the Corangamite CMA Knowledge Base.
Re-establishing the Knowledge Base was confirmed as a high priority for the Corangamite CMA in 2011. This centralised facility supports the Corangamite CMA and other key stakeholders in developing natural resource management focused research and development projects which leverage past projects and fill identified gaps and/or priority areas for research.
The Corangamite CMA Knowledge Base is an extensive collection of publications and technical reports on all aspects of the catchment and has been in existence for a number of years. CeCC was approached to redevelop and host the system following a government restructure which resulted in major changes to its hosting arrangement. The innovative search interface for the knowledge base has been refined and enhanced to take advantage of new web technologies including map-based searching and user-generated tagging.The Corangamite CMA Knowledge Base has been effectively integrated with the Corangamite CMA website. It:
- Allows for rapid and flexible entry of information
- Meets the critical requirement of being easy to use for staff and for key stakeholders whose information technology knowledge may be limited
- Incorporates the ability to conduct simple and complex searches of the data using criteria which will be determined via consultation (thematic, location, keyword, etc)
- Allows for the inclusion of relevant web links and/or the uploading of associated information such as PDF documents or the inclusion of multimedia information related to particular research and development projects
- Structures information in such a way as not to impede the browsing experience of low-bandwidth users
- Allows for seamless integration and interoperability with UB Spatial and with the Web-based Investment Framework which is currently under development
You can visit the CMA Knowledge Base at http://www.ccmaknowledgebase.vic.gov.au/